Thank you for your help for our Annual Softball Challenge! Follow these steps to get your page created, published, and ready to raise funds to help people with ALS!
STEP 1: Click the link of our main event page: https://joemartinalsfoundation.org/als-rivalry-softball-challenge/, then select the team you want to join by clicking their name or team logo.
STEP 2: Once you have clicked on your team, Click "JOIN TEAM" by selecting the button on the bottom of your screen.
STEP 3: Click "Get Started" button, then "Build Your Fundraiser", you are now officiallly part of your team!
STEP 4: Edit your page:
- Create your fundraiser title - Click on "Fundraiser Title" to edit to your title, we suggest using your name
- Upload a picture of yourself - Click on picture area and upload an image. Be sure to use something fun and cheerful!
- Set your goal - click "No Goal Set" under the goal area on the right hand side of your page. Your minimum to raise is $100, but on average, people actively letting their friends, family, and contacts know about their goal, raise $500. We suggest asking for $250 or more to help you and your team reach your goal. Each team is working to raise $12,000. $5,000 supports one family for a year with weekly free home care.
- Tell your story - click on the story area and add your story here. Share a brief explanation in your story of why you would like to help people with ALS access free home care and other services. Ask that folks help you help a great cause by making a donation to help you reach your goal.
- Customize your URL - at first, Mighty Cause gives you a generic URL, if you want to customize it to your name, click on the gears icon on the left hand side of the page and customize your URL to your name.
STEP 5: Publish your page! Click on the rocket icon on the left hand side of your page to publish your page.
STEP 6: Get the word out! Send the link to your page via email, snail mail, Facebook, and other social media so you can reach everyone you know. Be sure to ask everyone! We hear time and time again that people are surprised at the folks who give the most. So do your part by giving everyone the opportunity to give. You never know who has a connection to ALS. It is more common than you would think!
To edit, simply click on the pencil icon on the left hand side of the page, edit as needed, and click publish again when through. To keep track of your donors, click the $ or dollar sign icon to see your donations to send thank you emails.
Please note, that all donors will receive a notification through the website for their donation and larger donors will receive a letter for their taxes from The Joe Martin ALS Foundation.
Questions on setting up your page? Contact Sarah Hayden at The Joe Martin ALS Foundation at email@example.com. Thank you for your support!