We hope you will join us for Joe’s Camp 2018, presented by ALSA North Carolina Chapter. Joe’s Camp is an overnight, free weekend camp for children ages 8-17 whose family has been touched by ALS. It provides the opportunity for campers to have fun and share their feelings with others who have also experienced ALS in their family. Campers will enjoy typical camp activities such as campfires, kayaking, crafts, hiking and zip lining, in addition to age appropriate programs designed to explore ALS and honor their loved one.
This year we are offering an overnight program for kids ages 8-17 and a one day family day for the parents, grandparents, children younger than 8 or those that do not wish to stay overnight. There is no cost to attend Joe’s Camp and the weekend includes lodging and meals. Participants must provide their own transportation to and from camp, linens, towels and personal items. A full packing list will be provided closer to the time of camp.
Joe’s Camp will be led by Sarah Hayden, Director Of Development, Neil Cottrell, Foundation President, our volunteer camp counselors, camp nurse and the Camp Canaan staff. All leadership, staff and counselors will be fully vetted and interviewed by the Joe Martin ALS Foundation with references and criminal background checks performed. Volunteers with a personal connection to ALS are encouraged to apply.
See below for links for registration and sponsorship information.
Overnight Camper Registration CLICK HERE
Family Day Registration CLICK HERE
Volunteer Application CLICK HERE
2018 Camper Sponsor Opportunities
Joe’s Camp Overnight Program and Family day ares free for children and their families to attend. Sponsors are needed to help offset the costs of providing this camp. If you are interested in supporting our camp, read through the needs below and make a contribution to The Joe Martin ALS Foundation on our donate page here. Be sure to indicate in the comment box that you would like your donation to go towards camp.
If you would like to join in and sponsor the camp, please consider helping in one of the following ways:
– $250 – Supports one camper to attend Joe’s Camp
– $500 – Supports one meal for all camp participants at Joe’s Camp
– $1,750 – Supports one cabin of kids to attend Joe’s Camp
Sold! – ALSA North Carolina Presenting Sponsor – Supports entire camp program
Would like to donate camp supplies? We have a list of items that our campers need. Contact Sarah Hayden (email@example.com or 704-332-1929) about donating any of these listed below.
CAMP WISH LIST:
- Groups to sponsor a lunch or dinner
- Individually wrapped potato chips, granola bars, popcorn, pretzels or trail mix.
- Boxes of kid friendly cereal
- Breakfast items: Bagels, muffins, jelly, peanut butter
- Cookies and Fresh Fruit
- Camper Welcome Bag & Keepsake Items: Small photo albums and picture frames, small games, journals, Frisbee, luggage tags, candy, etc.
- Games – UNO, decks of cards, soccer balls, general sports balls, board games.
- S’Mores Supplies
- Extra toiletries and linens – shampoo, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, tooth brushes, twin sheets, light blankets and pillow cases.
- Infirmary Supplies: Band-aids, over the counter meds (pepto-bismol, Tylenol, chloraseptic, Benadryl, cough drops, etc.)
We appreciate your support in helping us make this a great weekend for our campers and their families! Our mission is to help families face the challenge of living actively with ALS by providing free home care services, and children are an important part of the families we serve. We are excited to offer this camp for these brave caregivers. If you have questions or would like to speak to someone about Joe’s Camp, please call The Joe Martin ALS Foundation office at (704) 332-1329 or send an email to Sarah Hayden, Joe’s Camp Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.